Egg Devil is actually a very tasty fried egg filled with a mixture of vegetables. Nothing devilish about it. It received its name from the seasoning process followed in 1870 (the actual recipe remains a secret due to the patent!). Anyway, this recipe is not a secret and is actually easier than you think. It takes some time to prepare the filling process and fry. The result, of course, with saying, is quite delicious for any party appetizer.
1/2 grated carrot
1/2 grated beet
2-3 green peppers
Few coriander leaves
2-inch grated ginger
2 cloves of garlic
Handful of raw peanuts
Hing / Asafoetida)
5 teaspoons cornmeal
1 cup breadcrumbs
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Cooking time: 20 minutes.
- Boil 1 potato and 2 eggs, remove skin and set aside.
- In a bowl put 1/2 grated carrot, 1/2 grated beet, 2-3 green chilies, few coriander leaves, mashed potatoes (step 1), 2 inches of grated ginger, 2 cloves of garlic and mix well .
- In a nonstick skillet, put 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and heat the oil for 2 minutes over medium heat. Put a handful of raw peanuts in the pan and fry until golden brown and set aside.
- In a non-stick kadhai (deep cooking bowl) heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and put a pinch of hing (Asafoetida), the entire contents of the bowl (step 2), salt to taste and fry for 5 minutes, mix well and keep the filling aside.
- Cut the boiled eggs completely into two halves (from the top), remove the egg yolk and put it in the filling (step 4), mix well.
- In a bowl put 5 teaspoons of cornmeal, add water and make a not so thick dough, then in a bowl break 1 egg and beat it properly and on a plate put 1 cup of breadcrumbs and store it.
- Make the mixed filling (step 4) into round-shaped balls (prepare 4 balls) and put the balls in the egg white and store them.
- Dip each ball in the cornmeal (step 6) and then in the beaten egg (step 6) and roll it with breadcrumbs.
- In a non-stick kadhai, heat 1 cup of vegetable oil and fry the balls (step 7) until golden brown. Garnish with black salt powder.
Egg Devil is ready to serve as heavy snacks at night with tomato sauce and salad (onion and cucumber sprinkled with salt, lime juice, coriander leaves and black pepper). This can also be served with tea or coffee.
Watch video here: